Wednesday 16 February 2011

Colour Blocking at Vintage Threads


We have talked a lot about how the 70's look is huge right now. It's one of Vintage Threads favourite looks for the season. Another huge Spring/Summer trend which has been plastered all over the magazines is colour blocking. I can't even begin to name all the shows this trend was seen at!

We had some great colour blocking pieces at this months fair. My personal favourites were a pair of purple shoes which were too big for me (boo) and a blue playsuit which I treated myself to (It was only £10 and Vogue's catwalk report told me blue was in).

I also loved how Jeny and Amber had colour blocked their rails. It made the entrance look so cheerful which was much needed with the rain blowing sideways outside.

I noticed a lot of the shoppers were still in khakis and blacks which was probably much more suitable for the weather conditions. I just hope that the weather in Manchester will have cleared up a bit by March so we can wear our colourful buys.

Some colour blocking looks from Vintage Threads




No comments:

Post a Comment