Monday 22 November 2010

Style Icons of the 70's: The Runaways


Every vintage threads market is filled with clobber from the 70's and this weekend I watched a film which left me feeling inspired, but also made me wish I'd watched it before our November market. The Runaways is a film about the band of the same name and stars Kirsten Stewart as Joan Jett and Dakota Fanning as Cherie Currie.


Cherie Currie's style made me drool; jumpsuits, bell bottoms and wedges to die for. It was rock star meets the Brady bunch which, like their music was somewhat ahead of it'stime. The peroxide hair, red lips and Bowie t-shirts,usually associated with Blondie, were seen years before on Cherie.


We may leave the corset and stockings that she famously wore on stage for the bedroom, but I will definitely be channeling every other look from the film. I'm just wishing I had bought the denim studded jumpsuit I had spotted at The Pillbox Vintage stall at the last market.









No comments:

Post a Comment